Encourage others to start talking and gain control of their bladder health!  We've made it simple for you to share National Bladder Health Week news, resources, tips and tools with your friends, family and healthcare providers.  We have a variety of  simple activities you can choose from to promote awareness of bladder health.  They are cut and paste one of the sample newsletter or emails below.


123 Street Avenue, City Town, 99999

(123) 555-6789


You can set your address, phone number, email and site description in the settings tab.
Link to read me page with more information.


Learn how to talk to a specialist about incontinence, discover what type of physician you should see, and use the NAFC specialist locator tool to find one.

Congratulations!  You're taking an important step toward treating your incontinence by speaking with a professional.  Your provider will be able to create a customized treatment plan just for you, and share new treatment options with you that you may not have been aware of before.  Talking with your doctor about incontinence can be intimidating.  But it doesn't have to be.  See below for some steps to take prior to your appointment to make it as effective as possible.

1.  Download our bladder or bowel diary and track your activity for a week prior to your appointment.  Knowing what triggers your incontinence will help your doctor determine the best course of action for you.

2. Review our "Talking To Your Doctor" guide to help you prepare.

3. Jot down a list of any questions you might have about your condition so that you don't forget them.

4.  Relax.  Know that your doctor is a professional and deals with these types of conditions every day.  While incontinence can be embarrassing to discuss, your openness toward treatment will help put you on the road to recovery.

What type of physician should I see?

If you're just starting out, you may want to contact a general practitioner or an OBGYN.  These physicians can help guide you with behavioral therapy, and recommend some non-invasive treatments. You may also want to visit a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor disorders.  Physical Therapists can help you evaluate your current level of pelvic floor strength, and work with you to create an exercise regime to strengthen your pelvic floor and supporting muscles.

Finally, if you have been managing your incontinence for a while, it may be time to visit a Urologist or a Urogynecologist.  These physicians specialize in urinary tract diseases and the male reproductive system, and may be able to offer further recommendations.  

Use the NAFC Find a Specialist Tool to find a doctor in your area.  

And for a list of our NAFC designated Centers of Excellence, please click here.  Our Centers of Excellence go through a rigorous process to be awarded this honor and, in doing so, have demonstrated their strong commitment to patient care.  

If you need further assistance finding a specialist in your area, please call us at 1-800-BLADDER (1-800-252-3337).